INTRODUCTION AND DEFINITIONS
If you have any questions or concerns after reading this, please email us at: Pharmacist@ReadyMeds.ca.
“Content” means any expression fixed in a tangible medium and includes, without limitation, ideas, text, comments, video, audio, images, graphics, designs, drawings, animations, logos, trademarks, copyrights, information, data, software, scripts, tasks, activities, badges and ranks, and any intellectual property therein, any of which may be created, submitted, or otherwise made accessible on or through the Site and/or Services.
“Minor” means a person under the age of majority in Manitoba.
“Services” means all services made available by ReadyMeds, including but not limited to services accessed through the Content or the Site.
“Site” means www.ReadyMeds.ca, its related webpages and sites (including, without limitation, any mobile optimization website).
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND REVISIONS
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are two types of information we may collect through your access to and use of the Site, Content and/or Services:
- “Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual (including any “Personal Information” as such term is defined in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, Canada or the Personal Health Information Act, Manitoba). Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, a person’s name, email address, residential address, precise geolocation information (i.e., your specific location), telephone number, date of birth, care card or provincial personal health number, medication and prescription information, information regarding allergies, medical history, gender, insurance information, payment card information, transaction history, other billing information, occupation, employment status, and in some cases, username. When signing up for health-related services or ordering prescription drugs, Personal Information may also require you to provide certain physical and mental health information, including but not limited to personal and family medical history information, details of your existing medications, existence of drug allergies, medications requested and prescription information, the name of your primary physician and his or her contact information, your provincial health number and any private health benefits number or account information.
- “Non-Personal Information” means information that does not identify you and cannot be used to contact you personally, and may include your date of birth, age, gender, postal code and non-precise geolocation information (e.g., your city). Non-Personal Information also includes “Usage Data,” which is anonymous data associated with your computer, mobile device, and/or media system platform.
The choice to provide us with Personal Information and Non-Personal Information (notwithstanding Usage Data) is yours. If you do not wish to have ReadyMeds collect your Personal Information through the use of our Site, Content and/or Services, you can choose not to provide it. However, your decision to withhold particular details may limit the Services we are able to provide and make it more difficult for us to advise you or suggest appropriate alternatives to our Services. If we are unable to accommodate your requests based on the information that you have provided, we may ask for additional information so that we may better accommodate your needs.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We may collect information (including Personal Information) as follows:
- Information You Provide to Us. When you open an account with us, request support, or in any other way take steps that require the submission of information; we may collect information such as your name, email address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, provincial personal health number, information regarding allergies, medical history, insurance and payment information, employment status, occupation and username. This information is necessary for verifying your identity, fulfilling your orders, contacting you in regard to your prescription and providing you with the Services. We store your information for your security and for use to verify your identity with Manitoba Health.
- When you make purchases through our Site and/or Services, we will collect your credit card information to be processed at the time of purchase and stored securely on file. Other information, such as your insurance information, policy numbers and group plan information will be stored and processed by us or any pharmacy software provider we may partner with.
- When you fill prescriptions through our Site and/or Services, you will provide us with your prescription information, including the medication requested, amounts and information regarding your physician or other prescribing professional. We will use this information to fill your prescription as required. This information will be stored, processed and shared with Manitoba Health, if you are resident in Manitoba, or such other prescription drug information system as required by applicable law in your applicable jurisdiction. We may also contact your physician or the prescribing professional if additional information regarding your prescription is required. Some additional information obtained from your physician or prescribing professional may also be Personal Information, such as additional information regarding your medical history or medications.
- Information You Submit to Us. If you choose to submit your information to us for any other reason in any other form, we will collect such information and use it for the purposes for which you submitted it.
- Visiting our Site. We will not collect any Personal Information from you simply by virtue of your visiting our Site; we only collect Personal Information if you choose to submit it to us. We do, however, collect Non-Personal Information such as Usage Data, whenever you use our Site and/or Services. Such Non-Personal Information is not combined with Personal Information unless you choose to submit Personal Information to us.
- Where Permitted by Law. We may also collect information, including Personal Information as otherwise permitted by law.
- “Cookies”. In connection with the foregoing collection of information, we may also use “cookies” or similar technologies (small amounts of data that are stored on your computer’s hard drive, mobile device or media system platform when you use or access our Site and/or Services that identify your computer, mobile device or media system platform and may store information about you, such as behavioural data). Should you choose to submit Personal Information to us, we may link cookie information to such Personal Information. If you do not wish to accept cookies, you have the option of blocking or disabling cookies. However, please be aware that some of our Site, Content and/or Services will not function properly if you do so and you may lose access to Services you purchased.
Note that in the ordinary course of Internet activity, certain information may be sent from your browser to third parties such as advertising networks and analytics companies. ReadyMeds has no control over the information sent from your browser to those networks or other third parties and recommends that you ensure that your browser settings prevent the disclosure of information you would not like to share.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your information (including Personal Information) for administrative, analytical, research, optimization, security and other purposes, including, without limitation, the following purposes:
- to develop, enhance, market, sell or otherwise provide information, products, services and functionality that you have requested, including the Services;
- to improve our Site and/or Services, and to inform the creation of future Services;
- to send you information related to our Site /or Services, including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, information related to product safety or recall issues and support and administrative messages;
- to process transactions for the Services;
- to manage your account with ReadyMeds;
- to attempt to contact you regarding product safety or recall issues;
- to track your access to and use of our Site and/or Services to help us learn more about your Site and/or Services access and usage, Content consumption and understand your preferences and tendencies so that we can personalize your experience, provide you with offers and notifications that are tailored to you, and otherwise enhance your experience when viewing Content and using our Site and/or Services;
- to personalize your ReadyMeds Content and offers;
- to respond to customer service inquiries;
- to troubleshoot problems with the Site and/or Services;
- to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use;
- to protect against unlawful activities or other misuse of the Site, Content and/or and Services or for other security reasons;
- to compile statistics; and
- for any other purpose to which you consent or that is otherwise permitted or required by law.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We will not transfer your Personal Information to third parties, except for our subsidiaries, affiliates and business partners that we engage to provide services on our behalf, such as (but not limited to) web hosting services, credit card payment processing, provincial/private health plan coverage, pharmacy software providers, order processing and delivery, provided that such third parties have agreed to comply with legally required privacy standards and agree to use the information only for the purposes disclosed at the time of collection or for a use consistent with that purpose. ReadyMeds will only provide those third parties with the Personal Information that they need to deliver the services to ReadyMeds or on ReadyMeds’ behalf.
We will also provide Personal Information to Manitoba Health, if you are resident in Manitoba, or such other prescription drug information system as required by applicable law in your applicable jurisdiction. We may also contact your physician or the prescribing professional if additional information regarding your prescription is required and may disclose or obtain Personal Information through such contact.
We may have the need to disclose your Personal Information to a third-party licensed pharmacy and a prescribing physician in order to fill your prescription(s). We may also disclose your Personal Information to your provincial and/or private health plan as a matter of convenience for payment of your prescription purchases for your convenience.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to a third-party vendor whose products or services you have requested in order to deliver those products and services to you. Such third parties may keep and use your Personal Information whether or not you purchase their products or services. Your Personal Information will be subject to their privacy policies, so you should contact them directly for information or to voice your concerns in respect of their policies.
We may also share aggregate or anonymized information, including Personal Information, about you with service providers, business partners, and other third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
As required by applicable privacy laws, ReadyMeds has implemented reasonable physical and technical measures to protect the information we collect or are provided with from unauthorized access and against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining access to this information. We do not warrant or represent that your information will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY GUARANTEE OF SECURITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
For further information on how we safeguard information we collect or are provided with, contact us via email at Pharmacist@ReadyMeds.ca.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
The data and information that we collect will be stored and maintained by ReadyMeds or our third-party service providers until you delete it or instruct us to delete it.
Currently, ReadyMeds or our third-party service providers retain and store information collected by, or provided to, us in the cloud and on secure servers in Canada. As some of our third-party service providers may retain and store information received from users (including Personal Information) outside of Canada, and under the laws of those other jurisdictions, in certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other provinces or foreign jurisdictions may be entitled to access users’ information.
If you access our Site and/or use any of our Services, you are responsible for protecting the confidentiality of your account password and elected codes, and for restricting access to your computer, device or media system platform, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. Please notify us immediately if you detect suspected breach or misuse of your account.
ACCESS AND ACCURACY
ReadyMeds will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide you access to your Personal Information (to the extent we are in possession of any) if you submit your request for access via Pharmacist@ReadyMeds.ca. Subject to applicable law, ReadyMeds reserves the right to deny access to your Personal Information on any of the following grounds:
- when denial of access is required by law;
- when granting you access is reasonably likely to negatively impact other people’s privacy;
- when granting access is, in our judgment and acting reasonably, cost prohibitive; or
- when we have reason to believe that such requests are frivolous or made in bad faith.
You are responsible for ensuring that all information created through your access to and use of the Site and/or Services is accurate, reliable and complete and you acknowledge and accept that the use of such information is at your own risk. We ask that you keep the Personal Information that you provide to us current and correct. You represent and warrant that all Personal Information you provide us is true and correct and relates to you and not to any other person. If you believe that the Personal Information maintained by ReadyMeds about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may notify us by describing in detail any inaccuracies or omissions via email at Pharmacist@ReadyMeds.ca. Following receipt of a properly submitted notice, we will, within a reasonable time period and acting in our sole discretion, use commercially reasonable efforts to either: (a) amend or correct your Personal Information to reflect corrected or additional information provided by you, or (b) in connection with your Personal Information, make note of any claimed inaccuracies or omissions reported in the notice submitted by you.
OUR POLICY REGARDING CHILDREN
ReadyMeds recognizes the privacy interest of children, and our Site, Content and/or Services are not intended for children under the age of majority in your jurisdiction and we do not target our Site, Content and/or Services to children under the age of majority. ReadyMeds does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from children under the age of majority unless provided by a parent or guardian using the Site and/or Services on behalf of such minor. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, please contact us at Pharmacist@ReadyMeds.ca. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS